Wednesday, September 10, 2014

That Fresh Feeling

New year, new classes, new experiences, fresh music.

The title of this post comes from "Fresh Feeling" by The Eels. The motivation behind it comes from the love, support, dedication, and mere presence of everyone who is currently a part of my life--from my fellow camp staff of the past two summers, to the lovely HT14 Oxford crew, to the school friends I abandoned way too much over the past several months, to my amazing family who I wish I could see more often, and everyone in between.

I hope the slower melodies in this collection don't get you down. I've always loved slower music; I feel a strange kind of hopefulness from it. I hope you can find some hope in knowing life's not just the sad times, but using the moments of sadness to remember why sadness is important, why grieving things we've lost is important, and that there's always good stuff to come.

This is for all of you. Listen here.

Tracklisting:
All The Way - Timeflies
Jungles - Stepdad
Lying Beast - Run River North
Anna Sun - Walk the Moon
Tiger Striped Sky - Roo Panes
Let Go (Instrumental) - Kraddy
You - Keaton Henson
Beware the Dog - The Griswolds
Walk On By - Noosa
Gold - Wake! Owl
Don't Believe You - Thief
All Comes Down - Kodaline
Papaoutai - Stromae
Hello, I'm In Delaware - City & Colour
Empire - Shakira
Saturn - Sleeping At Last
Blue Skies - Noah and the Whale
Rather Be (jackLNDN Remix) - Clean Bandit & Jess Glynne
Agape - Bear's Den

No comments:

Post a Comment